Довиждане Америка, Здравей България!!

Goodbye America, Hello Bulgaria: Documenting my Peace Corps Experience

Friday, July 29, 2005

Leaving for Bulgaria August 15th!!

Well only 13 days to go and then I will be heading off to DC for staging and then Bulgaria!! I can’t believe it has come so soon! For those of you who do not know I will be spending the next 27 months in Bulgaria as a Peace Corps Volunteer. This journal is meant to update my family and friends about my happenings; however, should you come across it and not know me, feel free to read up! – I should be in for an exciting experience.

I will be doing youth development work while I am at my site . . . I will find out specifically what that means for me and where exactly in country my site will be during PST (Pre-Service Training). As of now I am trying to pack (How do you pack for 2 years???) and trying to wrap my brain around the Bulgarian language. WISH ME LUCK!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HEY JEN......ITS UNCLE DAVID,JUST WANTED TO WISH YOU A SAFE TRIP. IT IS A GREAT THING YOU ARE DOING BY GOING OVER THEIR FOR YOU AND THOSE PEOPLE. THIS IS SOMETHING YOU WILL NEVER FORGET. AUNT WANDA AND I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!.

    MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND EVERY HAND YOU TOUCH............UNCLE DAVID

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mom,

    Jennifer, I just wanted you to know how much we miss you. I hope you are having the time of your life! joseph and Alex send their love and miss you very much. Can you speak Bulgarian yet? Continue to make me proud with all your unselfish act's of kindness!

    Love you much,

    MOM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home