Довиждане Америка, Здравей България!!

Goodbye America, Hello Bulgaria: Documenting my Peace Corps Experience

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Rousse!!

Long story short, Peace Corps decided to move me host organizations. I’m now working in Rousse, Bulgaria. Rousse is along the Danube River, which serves as the border between Romania and Bulgaria. I am north of the Balkan Mountains now which means colder winters but the city is great and the job is keeping me busy. I now teach 4 classes a week at the local language high school and am working with the YMCA (yep, YMCA). Apparently they are all over the world; however, the YMCAs here are much different than in America. They are oriented more towards providing social services—there is no gym to speak of (for more on 'YMCA Europe' see http://www.eay.org). At the moment the YMCA in Rousse is planning an AIDS campaign for World AIDS Day (December 1st, http://www.worldaidscampaign.info/). If you or someone you know would be interested in supporting the campaign please let me know. Anything would help!

Here are some pictures of my new home base:





























1 Comments:

  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger vassi said…

    Hey Jen, Congratulations on your move!! Finally!! May this move be the spark that lights your fire of inspiration and inspires you to do wonderful things that leave you fulfilled and happy. Take care!
    Vassi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home