Довиждане Америка, Здравей България!!

Goodbye America, Hello Bulgaria: Documenting my Peace Corps Experience

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Black Roses


These are the highlights from what may have been my strangest day in Bulgaria. The organization I am with handed out Christmas goodie bags to children at a hospital with a biker group! The group goes by the name of "The Black Roses."


The day before we put the bags together with just a few of the bikers but the next day there was a whole gang of them. One was dressed as Santa and another had a crazy blue wig on. Before the gifts were handed out we spent some time in the office where Santa had a few drinks before heading out on his hog.


At the hospital the gift bags were handed out and we had something to drink with one of the doctors (we drank to our health).





Following the biker festivities we went to the center where some members of the youth group handed out AIDS information cards...It was an odd day to say the very least.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger 5i said…

    Hi Jenny!
    We can't see much of each other these days, I think I'm in a depresing period when I don't wanna do anything and in the same time I have plenty to do, so really don't have a mood for the organisation...that's not right I know, but I just can't help it. It was a really odd day:) Santa Rocked! I told all my friends about that and they were fascinated:)
    And oh, you've put my picture on ur blog :P I'm fattered(just kidding you know).
    tsunami5bomb.blogspot.com -> that's my blog if ur interested, now i have to go to sleep, but I hope we'll see soon.It depends on my teen mood you know...it's something I cant control...unfortunetely...have fun girl and don't forget to say "i love u" to as many ppl as possible on St Valentine's Day :)
    petya

     

Post a Comment

<< Home