Довиждане Америка, Здравей България!!

Goodbye America, Hello Bulgaria: Documenting my Peace Corps Experience

Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Bold & The Beautiful

That's right - The Bold & The Beautiful


On air since the 80's but a big hit here!

Case in point:

Today, after finishing one of my classes, the school librarian told me that an old man had stopped by the school. Apparently he wanted me to translate a letter, which would reveal "Who stole the baby" to one of the characters on the soap. The letter included the name of the character and, of course, noted that it be sent to LA.

I suppose it's nice that he wants to help a fictional character recover her baby and, at the very least, the librarian and some of the teachers got some entertainment out of the situation; however, I'm slightly concerned that I'm going to run into this Bold & The Beautiful Fanatic - to tell him or not to tell him, that is the question. Which is worse? Revealing to an old man that a world he has invested himself in, the world of this soap, only exists on a closed set or indulging him, simply saying I'll mail out that letter straightaway?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home